Monday, December 5, 2011

A Little Tough-Love Terminology

I’m going to let you in on a little piece of my terminology. Sorry in advance for the wavering focus of the article, my mind is all over right now. I’ll try to keep it short.


Achievable Perfection: a•chiev a•ble per•fec•tion: An approach on the idea of “perfect” that is realistically possible.

Everyone loves a good “inner beauty” campaign, especially if a beauty product company, like Dove, puts it on. Now I’m not saying I am against the idea of accepting yourself the way you are, but I am against the idea of settling on being “alright” or “okay”. So, I have been, I suppose you could say “living by” this theory I made up called Achievable Perfection. With the not-so-new movement of women being empowered, it has also brought on unspoken waves of laziness, and satisfaction with “settling”. Now let me explain myself, so I don’t sound like a horrible person. NO, I am not saying to get plastic surgery, and take up an extreme diet. I’m also not saying to pick yourself apart and judge yourself to the point of scrutiny. What I am saying is that there should always be a little drive somewhere in you pushing yourself to be better. I currently attend school, and the lack of ambition bothers me. If you are lucky enough to live in a first world country (which about 80% of my readers do), then you have opportunities thrown at you left, right and center. School is taken for granted with everyone going for a gangster-than-thou tomfoolery approach to life. Truth is; thousands of children would gladly take your place. Life is not to be wasted. Get up, and get to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment