Saturday, December 24, 2011

Eco-Friendly, EASY, wrapping!


           Every year I wrap my gifts in newspaper because not only is that better for the environment, but I think it looks very vintage, and home-made; a nice break from a highly commercialized holiday season. This year I decided to go a bit further with the eco-friendliness, and creativity. Here's a point form list of what I did:

  • The bags where given to me from other gifts, and then reused.
  • Instead of tissue paper, I used newspaper scraps from wrapping the other gifts.
  • NO TAPE! There is no tape on any of these gifts. Tape is not recyclable, but paper with glue on it is fine.
  • Instead of ribbons, I used organic hemp. To make it a bit more esthetically pleasing I doubled the hemp. I just tied the ends of the hemp together, then wrapped it just like I would any ribbon.
  • The little gift-tag was a piece of recycled paper. The design was a Word Business Card template that I simply modified.

No comments:

Post a Comment