Sunday, March 6, 2011

Rock The Runway 2011

This Saturday I headed up to the city for my first fashion show of 2011. I’ll start off in saying I found the night to be glamorous, fun, and fashionable. The best part is that at the end of the day was that by being there we were supporting the incredible cause behind War Child; an organization I have briefly been involved with in the past. Rock The Runway takes the best of music and fashion to fuse a night filled to the rim with creativity. Rock the Runway took place on March 5th at the ROM, and was hosted by Much Music VJ Sarah Taylor and musician Brendan Beamish. A designer that really wowed me was Baby Stienberg. All of their designs had strange and wonderful shapes. The creative use of fabric and exposing skin had us on the edge of our seats! I’m quite the fan of rising star, fashion designer Christopher J. Nevin. Once again he displaying an incredible talent that can’t be made through school. This is the same designer mentioned in this previous fashion show. The event went off without a flaw, except for the food. The world’s most luxurious people may have a taste for spicy rice crispy squares, but ‘commoners’, such as myself, do not. With that all said it was a simply stellar night that truly knew how to rock the house! This is one event I will most certainly be attending again.
Ps. I wasn’t taking photos, so I’ll find some and post them later!

No comments:

Post a Comment