Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Peace Out Fashion!

WOAH! It's been a while. I was in Ecuador building a school for those without acess to a proper education. But to be honest, I haven't really been trying to put up a new article.
Fashion is at a stand still. There is no nice way of putting it. Every trend on the runway has been done before. For example: 80's revival, tie-dye, vintage, floral, etc. It has all been on the runway at some point before. Clothes have limitations. Only what can fit on the human body, can be called fashion. I realize that this post is a fashion cry for suicide, but it's not going anywhere. People can wear anything, and it is accepted. This is because being "different" is impowering and brave. Don't get me wrong, I love that we all live in such and accepting society. But, even though there is nothing new, designers will continue to find some sort of obscure trend to manipulate to flatter the human body. And the fashion world will live on, and continue to attempt walking with it's head held high, right up to the point where it can crawl in the mud beside the slugs (heavy metaphor for all you). But as for me, untill something happens, and untill something makes me go "oooo interesting", my posts will become farther and farther apart. Stop putting things on the runways, just because we need to feul a mutli-billion dollar empire. Do it because you have something to say. Do it because something has inspired you. Do it because fashion is art.
Peace Out!
Victoria

No comments:

Post a Comment